Thursday, September 18, 2014

Singletree Campground

I'm not really sure why it's called Singletree Campground because of course being a forest there are a lot more than one.  It was a neat little place though and nice and cool being almost 9000'.  No need for air conditioning here, in fact I had to turn on the heater in the morning.

My first day was pretty typical, after parking the big beast and unhooking the Jeep I explored.  It's kind of hard to see much driving the RV because it's hard enough just to keep in it's lane.  I just kind of got my bearings, made some calls while in the nearby town that actually has coverage unlike camp.

The second day I went on a loooong drive.  I headed back the way I came to the town of Boulder. Starting at Boulder is the Burr Trail which is a very scenic backroad with plenty of views like this.


I took this road pretty much to Lake Powell and saw lots of cool stuff on the way.




On the way back I went a different route up North through Capitol Reef park which has some nice views also.



Right off the highway was a short hike to the Hickman Natural Bridge.



After that there was this little historic town call Fruita which surprisingly had a lot of fruit trees.  You could even pick your own if you wanted, I didn't.  I did however buy a mini peach pie at the little store for dessert.

On the way back was a quick hike out to Sunset Point with a ton of photographers getting the late day light. It was still 30 minutes before sunset and I was tired and hungry so rather than wait for sunset I went back to camp to enjoy dinner and my peach pie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment