Thursday, September 11, 2014

Most overrated desert ever, Death Valley!

Sorry, no pics today.  I was just driving through Death Valley to get closer to Vegas for my Grandmother's birthday and I only made it to Pahrump.

On the way up a very steep grade I had to turn the dash air conditioning off so I didn't overheat the engine.  Well I had to then turn on the roof a/c so the inside of the motorhome (which is very high quality plastic) wouldn't melt!  Normally this involves the complicated process of pushing a button but since I have some electrical issues.....

I got to have a lot of fun standing in the hot sun and manually switching some wiring around so the AC electrical panel can be powered from the generator.  Fun fun!  After leaving the worst of the low elevation areas I could get by with just the dash air so I turned off the generator and the roof air.

Once I got the air conditioning running and back on the road I realized Death Valley is not worth the trouble.  I ride motorcycles in deserts all the time that look just like that and you don't even have to pay to go camp and ride around let along just to drive through.

I arrived in Pahrump and got a spot at the nice little RV park at the winery in town.  Guess what? You got it, I have to change the wiring around again to be able to run the air conditioners off of the hook-up's at the RV park.  Gee I'm really loving this motorhome already!

At least the fridge is keeping my homebrew nice and cold without any fuss because I really need one tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment