Thursday, September 4, 2014

First Trip!

Finally got the motorhome ready enough for a test trip.  I'm setting out for the Sequoias for some motorcycling, mtn. biking and hiking.
My First Campsite, Troy Meadows Campground
I managed to get everything hooked up, towing my Jeep with Bike on the back and windsurfer on the roof.  I made it up the 9 mile grade, slowly.  I got to the campground and unhooked/unloaded my stuff and got down to the serious business of relaxing.  I actually was getting used to the elevation, not being lazy.  

I met some people from the San Diego Dual-Sport Meetup group for a few days of riding in the trees. It was challenging riding but very neat to be riding in such a different environment than our normal desert riding.  After they left I did one more motorcycle ride and then a mtn bike ride until my butt was so sore from too much time in the saddle.  

I think I'll try hiking tomorrow to rest up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment