Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Ahh, the joys and jeers of a motorhome.

After I left the sequoias I was roughly heading for Las Vegas for my grandmother's 90th Birthday party.  I stopped at Lone Pine, CA for gas, groceries and an RV spot for the night.  I got parked and hooked up the electricity so I could get the air conditioning going since it was kind of warm.  

Well with my newfound respect for hikers I thought I'd go check out one of the most popular hikes around, Mt. Whitney.  I didn't hike it but even just being up at the Portal is very cool.  Gorgeous views, neat waterfall, easy drive, lots of folks getting ready to ascend.  




Well on the way back to the RV I got some groceries and upon arriving back home I discovered the inside of the motorhome had to be 90 degrees F!  What the F?

Some critical electrical component had failed and I had no AC electricity at all.  Luckily the fridge runs on propane with a small DC load for the control circuitry so my froyo wouldn't melt!

I opened the windows and turned on a fan to help circulate the warm air and waited until it cooled off to investigate since the sun was shining on the side I needed to work on.

Well after the sun went down I was able to bypass two components which I'm not sure which of failed so I have power again.  Ahh, blessed air conditioning!  At least I won't be sleeping in a puddle of sweat tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment