Monday, September 15, 2014

Bryce Canyon

The intended destination for the day was St. George, UT for some of the local mtn biking which is supposed to be amazing.

Well my wimpy(with regards to heat) self couldn't stand the heat when I stopped at Cracker Barrel for some catfish and fried okra(yum) so I kept driving.  The lady at the visitor center said Bryce Canyon was nice and cool so reset my target there.

It was a long drive on some narrow farm roads but finally pulled in just after dusk.  I was so tired I just made a quick meal and sat down to read.  It was a little too dark to explore much anyway.
Just missed the arch, you can see part of it in the upper right.
This is actually a picture from the next day when I was out for a mtn bike ride but it's the same road I drove up.  I just can't take a picture while driving the big beast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment