Monday, September 8, 2014

Enough riding, time for a walk!

I've had a lot of fun riding the last few days but my body is getting sore in certain places and it's time to share the pain.  Feet it's your turn.

Not usually a fan of this sign but what the heck.
I don't normally hike and when I do it's carrying my paraglider up the mountain to launch.  Let's just say distance is not usually something I am trying to maximize.  

Well silly me thinks how hard can it be?  I'm not carrying 45lbs of equipment, I can go a long way!

Found an old cabin along the path.
I was aiming for something like a 14 mile round trip.  I guess you could say I'm an underachiever.  I got 6 miles in and felt like I barely made it back to the Jeep.  

I have a newfound respect for hikers.  I only had on a camelback with the basics.  I can't imagine taking off for multiple days with tent,bag,food,clothes,gear.  Usually when I carry any weight on my back it's only less than a mile to go flying and the adrenaline of anticipated flight is helping me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment